Chromebook Questions? Please contact Mrs. Stacey Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989-587-5100 ext. 5113
- the Class of 2018's school email and Google accounts will be deactivated on July 30th - please remind our recent grads to transfer all of their emails, docs, slides, sheets, etc. (including the graduation photos) over to their personal account prior to next Monday
- we are seeking community members and/or students who are interested in serving as additional scoreboard operators, bookkeepers, admissions leaders, etc. at our athletic events - please contact Mrs. Christensen at 989.587.5100 ext. 5105 if you would like to join our volunteer brigade!
- please check out our website for employment opportunities = http://www.pwschools.org/our-district/job-postings/
- our 2nd summer "shut down period" is July 30th - Aug. 05th
- in order for students to receive their chromebook and class schedule, all fines/school property/invoices/balances must be reconciled by Fri., Aug. 03rd
- please consider visiting our MS/HS webpage (http://www.pwschools.org/middle-high-school/) and clicking on "Academic Departments" to access our course syllabus/supply lists, so you can get your student(s) prepared for the 1st day of school, with more updates coming the week of Aug. 06th - our webpage is also a great place to check out upcoming events, initiatives, points of pride, and our champions' culture vision
- all parents and students new to the district, and/or new to the MS/HS, are encouraged to attend our new student orientation on Mon., Aug. 13th at 5:30PM in our auditorium - educators will be on hand to outline our school's vision, culture, processes, procedures, and expectations, as well as help families familiarize themselves with the building
- on Mon., Aug. 20th and Tues., Aug. 21st, from 9AM-12noon, and 1PM-3PM, chromebooks and class schedules will be distributed, and school photos will be taken (all invoices, balances, and school property must be reconciled in order to receive a chromebook and schedule)
- new for the 2018-19 school year, students who plan on driving to school must register their vehicles with Mrs. Hengesbach and Mrs. Droste to receive a parking permit hang tag prior to picking up their class schedule or chrome book (each student will receive 1 parking permit free of charge)
- 1st day of school for our students is Mon., Aug. 27th, with grades 6th-12th starting the school day at 8:03AM, and dismissing at 2:57PM
- Homecoming is vs. Dansville on Oct. 05th, with the parade in Pewamo at 4:30PM
- immunization documentation is required for all students who are enrolled in Pewamo-Westphalia Community Schools - please talk to your child’s health care provider to make sure your child is up to date on their immunizations (for additional information on recommended and required immunizations go to:www.michigan.gov/immunize) - parents/guardians choosing to decline immunizations must obtain a certified non-medical waiver from their local health department, and a copy of the non-medical waiver must be given to the child’s school before the child will be allowed to attend
Please see the following PREVIOUSLY COMMUNICATED INFO./EVENTS/REMINDERS:
- if you would like to meet with any of our staff, please schedule an appointment with the individual person, rather than dropping by the front office unannounced - scheduled appointments will allow us to give you the time, focus, and attention you deserve
- please consider following P-W Schools on Facebook and Twitter to see all the champion things going on inside our buildings, with our students!
- Our Educators have been hard at work creating videos to help you understand some of the things that happen in their classrooms. For example, if you’re not sure how to read the homework sheets that come home from Mrs. Sedlacek’s 4th grade classroom - there’s a video for that. If you would like to know how Mrs. Butcher structures her Free Writing Assignments - there’s a video for that. If you’re looking to create a lifelong reader - Mrs. McCord has made a video for that. Essentially, each Teacher tried to identify something that parents have had confusion with, and made a video to address that situation. All of these videos have been uploaded to one YouTube channel, called PW Parent Education Support. It can be located by going to YouTube and entering the name of the channel into the search box. From there, you can browse available videos and subscribe to the channel. We hope that you find these videos to be a valuable tool in helping to educate your child.
- we have started a PLANK Pantry and Clothing Closet for P-W students in need. We are accepting brand new boys/girls/men's/women's clothing (with price tags attached) in all sizes (for all grade levels) throughout the year. So, the next time you're out shopping, please consider adding 1 more article of clothing to your purchase for a student who might otherwise go without. Please, drop your donations off in the MS/HS Art room with Ms. Blair. You may contact Ms. Blair at the MS/HS at (989 )587-5100 with any questions.
- we continue to work to increase our Substitute Teacher pool, as there is a shortage of Subs. (and we have increased our rate of pay!) - please consider applying online @ edustaff.org, as we believe you would love working alongside our students and Team here
Our 2018-19 MS/HS vision targets
#1 we will grow our champions' culture
#2 we will take positive risks, learn from our errors, and innovate wildly
#3 we will support and mentor our newest students and staff
#4 we will increase our parent engagement
#5 we will make our interim assessments meaningful in order to drive greater learning
#6 we will map our curriculum, and design our pedagogy, to ensure all students are learning
- Please check us out on Twitter and Facebook as a way to keep up to date with events, our vision targets, points of pride, and information.