BOARD OF EDUCATION
The Pewamo-Westphalia Community Schools are governed by a seven member Board of Education who are elected to serve six-year overlapping terms.
Student School Board Representatives:
- Hayden Hengesbach
- Ava Smith
Local boards of education are responsible for implementing state laws and regulations. They are also accountable to the electorate from which they receive the right to serve. Formal Responsibilities of the Board and its elected members:
- Adopt policy
- Hire a superintendent and approve the district's administrative structure
- Approve the operating budget
- Graduate the senior class
- Establish a long-term vision and set the direction for the district
- Hold the superintendent accountable for effective administration
- Formally and regularly evaluate the superintendent's performance
The board speaks through the formal action it takes. Once a vote is taken, that is the position of the board.
The P-W Board of Education meets the third Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. unless noted on the schedule below. When changes to the schedule occur, a notice will be placed below and also on the home page of our website.