Chromebook Questions? Please contact Mrs. Stacey Johnston at email@example.com or call 989-587-5100 ext. 5113
Dear Pride of P-W,
Please see the following updates/reminders:
- our new student orientation will be Tues., Aug. 15th @ 5:45pm in the auditorium - we encourage all Parents that have a student that is new to our MS/HS building to be in attendance at this gathering, and to bring your student along as well - we will share information, events, procedures, and expectations that are pertinent to the upcoming school year
- class schedules and chromebooks should be picked up, and school photos will be taken, onAug. 21st and Aug. 22nd from 9am-12noon and 1pm-3pm in the MS/HS office and cafeteria (students must have reconciled all of last year's fees, school property, invoices, balances, etc. in order to receive their chromebook and schedule for this school year)
- 1st day of school = Mon., Aug. 28th (please ensure that your student is here in the building by 7:59am every morning, so they are safe in their travels and on time for their 1st hr. course)
- 8th grade volleyball will begin practice on Mon., Aug. 28th from 3:30pm to 4:45pm in the JHgym, and a sports physical card must be on file in the office in order to participate in practice - we are still in need of a 7th grade Coach (please contact Mr. Simmons if interested).
- To many children, summer break means the loss of daily meals. If you know a school-aged student in need of breakfast and lunch this summer, simply text “FOOD” to 877877 and receive a message back with a location closest to where they can get free summer meals.
- Our strength/athleticism program continues to flourish on Mondays and Wednesdays, as we host 2 sessions a day at 7am and 4:15pm outside of the auditorium.
- A reminder that all student-athletes must have a sports physical card on file in Mrs. Christensen's office prior to practicing with teams this coming school year.
- Our 2nd "dead period" will be July 31st through August 06th.
- We continue to work to increase our Substitute Teacher pool, as there is a real shortage of Subs. (and we have increased our rate of pay!) - please consider applying online @edustaff.org, as we believe you would love working alongside our students and Team here!
Our 2017-18 MS/HS vision targets
#1 we will grow our champions' culture
#2 we will utilize our data to drive instruction via interim assessments
#3 we will implement proven, effective instructional methods (teaching is for learning)
#4 we will make tech. an ingredient to quality instruction
#5 we will increase the frequency, SAT format, and DOK of our formative, interim, and
#6 we will keep our Atlas curriculum mapping “alive”
- Please check us out on Twitter and Facebook as a way to keep up to date with events, our vision targets, points of pride, and information.