Chromebook Questions? Please contact Mrs. Stacey Johnston at email@example.com or call 989-587-5100 ext. 5113
Dear Pride of P-W,
Please see the following updates/reminders:
- our NHS is sponsoring a Red Cross Blood Drive tomorrow (Tues., Oct. 03rd) from 8am to 1:45pm in the Pirate Fieldhouse, so please consider donating - you can sign up on-line or walk-in, but please park in the south parking lot by the Fieldhouse (if our goal is met, the Red Cross will donate money for scholarships to our students)
- student count day is this Wed., Oct. 04th - please ensure your child is in attendance for the entire school day
- to help our students keep their cell phones in their lockers, please consider emailing your child during the school day, as their chromebook serves as a valid communication medium (HS students may go to their lockers to use their cell phones during passing time and lunch, whereas MS students must leave their phones in their lockers, turned off, for the entire day)
- please assist us in holding to the standards of our student dress code, where modesty is the expectation
Please see the following previously communicated info./events/reminders:
- please see the following article outlining the fact that we once again had 1 of the highest combined SAT scores in the entire state of Michigan - congrats to our students, educators, and parents!: http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/09/post_119.html
- if you happen to know any student who is living in any of the following situations, please let me know immediately, so we can assist them right away: __in a shelter __in a motel or hotel __with more than 1 family in a house or apartment
__in a car __campsite or campground __with friends or family members (other than parent/guardian)
- please see the following list/link of our educators' office hrs. for this school year (what a great way for your student to make an appt. to get 1-on-1 assistance from his/her teachers!): http://www.pwschools.org/downloads/jrsr_hs_documents/2017-2018_pw_mshs_staff_office_hours_1.pdf
- here are some awesome webinars for parents to get started on everything from financial aid for college to getting started w/ your college search: https://www.nhs.us/students/college-admission-and-planning/college-admission-planning-webinars?SSO=true&utm_source=em-2017-09-1&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&utm_campaign=nhs-webinars
- student-athletes must be in school for the entire school day in order to participate in practice/competion that day
- please continue to encourage the ideals of our champions' culture at home, where personal best is the barometer - we believe a positive attitude, tremendous work ethic, high character, and authentic relationships are the marks of true success, and we need your help in getting our kids to focus on a champion process, rather than just results
- attention PW MS/HS student-athletes! - wear your current, P-W, in-season, fall sports jersey to an athletic event and get in free! This applies to P-W athletics that are under the supervision/support of Mrs. Christensen's leadership (i.e. V/JV football, V/JV/frosh/MS volleyball, and varsity/MS cross country, not community youth programs). Hope to see you there!
- we have now welcomed 32 new transfer students to our MS/HS building, placing us at just over 500 kids in the MS/HS! - please assist us by extending to our transfers our champion hospitality, generosity, and kindness
- please see the following videos that all MS/HS students have viewed and debriefed, in an effort to keep our campus safe and prepared:
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXjSk3hY5tQ .
- please ensure your student is here by 7:59am every morning, and also, please encourage modest attire to align to the spirit of our dress code
- our strength/athleticism program hours for the school year = Mon., Wed., and Thurs. @4:15pm-5:20pm, mtg. outside the MuscleFarm
- if you have any questions/concerns with your child's education, experience, and/or participation in athletics, please go to the source (i.e. contact the Educator, or the Coach, or the person in charge of that particular activity)
- we continue to work to increase our Substitute Teacher pool, as there is a real shortage of Subs. (and we have increased our rate of pay!) - please consider applying online @edustaff.org, as we believe you would love working alongside our students and Team here!
- a reminder that all student-athletes must have a sports physical card on file in Mrs. Christensen's office prior to practicing with teams this coming school year (the physical must have been administered after April 15th, 2017 to be valid for this school year)
Our 2017-18 MS/HS vision targets
#1 we will grow our champions' culture
#2 we will utilize our data to drive instruction/improvements via interim assessments
#3 we will implement proven, effective instructional methods (teaching is for learning)
#4 we will make tech. an ingredient to quality instruction
#5 we will increase the frequency, SAT format, and rigor of our formative, interim, and
#6 we will keep our Atlas curriculum mapping “alive”
- Please check us out on Twitter and Facebook as a way to keep up to date with events, our vision targets, points of pride, and information.