Chromebook Questions? Please contact Mrs. Stacey Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989-587-5100 ext. 5113
Dear Pride of P-W,
Please see the following updates/reminders:
- please note that there are 2 openings on our P-W website for the following positions:
Part-time Custodian at the MS/HS (25 hours/week)
Part-time Maintenance Technician (25 hours/week)
- Life Unplugged (formerly known as Reality Store) will be coming to P-W MS for our 8th graders on Thurs., Dec. 08th, 2016. Volunteers are needed from the community to staff the booths from 12:15pm-2:30pm on Dec. 08th. We will provide all the materials for the booths. All you need to bring is a smile. If you are willing and able to volunteer at this event, please contact Mrs. Lisa Bartlett @ (989) 587-5100 x 5104 or email at email@example.com. - please note that on the morning of Dec. 08th, our 8th graders will be taking an agricultural field trip to AgroLiquid in St. Johns (they will be stopping for lunch in St. Johns, so please send your 8th grader w/ money or a packed lunch)
- Are you in need of some more P-W gear? - from winter hats to sports bags, and from 1/4 zips to polo shirts, the P-W NHS Apparel Sale has you covered (please contact Mrs. Bartlett if interested)
- 1st sem. exams = Friday, Dec. 16th (2nd, 3rd, and 4th hrs.), Monday, Dec. 19th (5th, 6th, and 7th hrs.), and Tuesday, Dec. 20th (1st hr. exam and HS talent show)
- even with the colder temps., we are seeing a lot of students show up here in the morning without coats, hats, etc. - please let me know if you are in need of any winter clothing
- if your student is driving, please encourage him/her to leave the house in plenty of time (shooting for an approx. ETA of 7:50am), so not to be in a rush, and then to drive safely to and from school, in our parking lot, and at all times
- if you would like to arrange a peer-tutor for your student, please contact Mrs. Bartlett @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- we will again be providing Christmas Blessings to local families this season - if you are interested in coming alongside our initiative to provide food, clothing, etc., please donate to our P-W Helping Hands fund and/or the PWSTC
- senior service learning hrs. (40 total) are due to Coach Rad. by Jan. 31st, 2017, in order to walk at commencements - if your student is seeking service learning opportunities, please have him/her contact Mr. Simmons
- in regards to PowerSchool grading updates, our Educators are expected to update their online grades 1 time per week, when applicable, unless otherwise communicated in their syllabus or on a special project (ex. research papers, project-based learning, etc.), where more grading time is warranted - if you are not able to access your student's online grades/attendance, please contact Mr. Simmons
- as a reminder, our new student-athlete attendance policy states that all student-athletes must be in school for the entire school day in order to practice/participate - physician's notes, Faith matters, etc. can be the exception
- please call in your child's absence/tardy by 8am the day it occurs to assist us w/ student safety
- we are seeking to grow our substitute teacher pool, as there is a real shortage of subs. - please consider applying online @ edustaff.org
- a few reminders for Parents/students: 1) cell phones are to remain in lockers during the school day and only HS students are permitted to use their cell phones during passing time and lunch, 2) please attempt to make plans w/ your student before school each day so to not ask Mrs. H. nor Mrs. D. to interrupt instruction, 3) please call our attendance line @ 989.587.5100 by 8am for any and all absences or tardies, and 4) our dress code calls for modesty
- please see our 2016-17 MS/HS Educators office hours (please encourage your student to take advantage of the extra time our Teachers are volunteering by making appts. to garner assistance before/after school):
Mrs. Adams ~ W 3-4pm; other times by appointment
Mrs. Aldrich ~ Th 3-4; other times by appointment
Mr. Bashore ~ M-Th 3-4pm; other times by appointment
Ms. Blair ~ T 3-4pm; other times by appointment
Mrs. Butcher ~ W 3-4pm by appointment
Mrs. Christensen ~ M-F 7:30am-8am (in front office); after school by appointment
Mr. Cornman ~ M-Th by appointment
Ms. Dyer ~ M-F 7:30-8 am; during lunch; after school by appointment
Mrs. Esch ~ any day after school by appointment
Mrs. Griffith ~ Th 3-4pm; other times by appointment
Ms. Kent ~ M-F 7:30am-8am by appointment.
Mr. Keyes ~ M-Th 3-4 by appointment
Mr. Klein ~ M, T 3-4 pm
Mr. Kurka ~ M-F 7:30-8:00, other times by appointment
Mrs. McCord ~ M-F after school by appointment; HS lunch
Mrs. McGee ~ W 3-4pm; other times by appointment
Mr. Pohl ~ any day after school by appointment with 24 hrs notice
Mr. Rademacher ~ before school, during lunch, after school with 24 hrs notice
Mr. Rehmann ~ during lunch and after school by appointment with 24 hrs notice
Mrs. Sedlacek ~ M-Th after school by appointment
Mrs. Tien ~ M,T, Th, F 3-4pm; W 7-8am; after school by appointment
Mr. Voisinet ~ Any day, any time by appointment
Mr. Wrzesinski ~ T, Th 3-4pm; W 7-8am; other times by appointment
- please encourage your child to "plug into" some before/after school activities - our vision is that every student in our building joins at least 1 co-curricular group/organization/team - ex. robotics club, PWSTC, student council, PLANK, art club, quiz bowl, strength/athleticism training, etc.
- we are still in need of additional P-W Booster members - despite the many contributions the Boosters have made to both academic and athletic causes, our membership has declined over the past few years - please consider jumping on board, and please contact Mr. Simmons if interested.
- please consider checking us (P-W Schools) out on Facebook or Twitter to see a lot of the wonderful things going on around here throughout the year!
2016-2017 P-W MS/HS Vision Targets
1. We will grow our champions' culture (we expect personal best).
2. We will make technology an effective ingredient to quality instruction.
3. We will implement proven, effective instructional methods.
4. We will utilize data to drive instruction via interim assessments
5. We will increase the rigor, frequency, and HOTS of our formative, interim, & summative assessments.
6. We will keep our Atlas curriculum maps "alive."
- Please check us out on Twitter and Facebook as a way to keep up to date with events, our vision targets, points of pride, and information.